traffic analysis

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Early diagnosing is essential in breast cancer - help women get diagnosed!

Wednesday Feb 23rd, 2011

Thanks everyone, you are such wonderful people - I am astonished and surprised by the lots of encouragement and positive feedback.... thank you....







When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I wanted to know everything - I read books, I collected info, I wanted to know... how others had made it.... I read wonderful books and also remembered what a couple of my friends and school mates had told about their breast cancer and everything else I had heard.







One of my school mates had documented her breast cancer with photographs and I thought it was a good idea since within time, I might forget... so I started to do it too, and it is all over on this site, not just in those "breast" photos. It is hair loss, tiredness, whatever... my whole life such as it is now.







I also read a book about breast cancer survivors who climbed a mountain as a team in South America. When they arrived in the country, they got very popular because in that country the disease was a taboo and it was not talked about loud, but they did talk about it. In the press confrerences that were arranged for them , they could be asked for example if their husbands had left them already.







A friend of mine told me that in many countries in for example Africa breast cancer is a major killer among women because it is diagnosed too late. A very dear friend of mine lost his mother I think just that way - for too late diagnosing perhaps. I know how it hurts him and it hurts me as badly.







All these things come very near in this globalized world. I cannot do much right now but if there is one little thing I can do to spread knowlege and to change the attitude and to have an influence on earlier diagnosing on if not more than for one woman in this world so I will do it. Seeing things as they are can make things easier and less frightening for someone, be it a woman or her husband, her children. or whoever.







However, this is just one (very lucky) story. There are more than 200 different forms of breast cancer. Mine was one of the most evil ones, and see - here I am, and everything has gone really well, even if also the prognosis was a bit positive due to early discovery. A few square-cm of bare skin on show is a cheap price for that. People show a lot more in swim suits and bikini, LOL!

No comments: