traffic analysis

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Steroids

Steroids improved my outhaling (PEF) values remarkably although they are still very poor, about 50% of the optimum. But it is better than yesterday's 20 - 25 % which means continuous feeling of suffocating and unability to do anything at all. Had several asthma attacks though. This morning (by 9 a.m. which is the time now) I have already had 3 - 4 attcks. Feel weak, tremble from all medication but am able to breathe. For once I am grateful about steroids. I feel the improvement. I have slept a bit better though not a bit longer... How would life feel with a decent sleep? There are things that confuse me and confuse my husband too but he is a great supporter and encourager. Yesterday I opened one social media site which I had not been using for ages, and I found tens of Christmas and New Year greetings from there - it felt like Christmas once more! I had also received messages, and I have found at least yet one who is praying for me - a total stranger but because he is a Christian, he does not feel like a stranger. During this disease, I have been betrayed and let down by one of my closest friends, and therefore it is comforting to see that God is taking care of me - other old friends are there, and complete strangers are used by God to provide me with prayer support. I am completely dependent on other people's prayers, I feel they are holding me above the surface and I feel every prayer in my being. I was praying, together with a friend, to see what plan God has for me because He has "mislocated" me in a country where I don't survive the outdoor air and weather without special equipment. I was praying for me to see some meaning in getting this seriously ill, weak and helpless. And God is answering: first, to show me that I cannot trust one of my best friends... second, that He is taking care of me in the form of even complete strangers, in addition to true good friends and family. Further, that I must and can rely on other people - something I have never been able to do. And still, that it is only Him I need, He will take care of the rest. God bless you all!

No comments: