traffic analysis

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Adventuring in flea markets

I had an amount of glassware after my late brother but I had nowhere to put them. Also we are living on a budget like all families with children are. I wanted to have a place for the glassware but not really invest in it. Anyway, I am a beauty-lover and since I have realized that I suffer from allodynia pain and feel much better if the surroundings look better too, it matters what kind of things I have around me. I did not find anything near my work place. But 100 km north from us there is a town which has a rich sortiment of flea markets, and my DH took a list of them and came with me to do the driving and carrying and to help me find a place for all those glasses, cups, vases, chandeliers and whatever. We spent yesterday searching in the flea markets and finally went back to where we had already been... and there is was. It was even unused. And beautiful. At home I washed all the glassware by hand, cleaned the glass cabin and my daughter organized the glasses in the cabin. I was surprised when everything fit in! I have never had a glass cabin before and I love it. Clean, polished glassware looks really beautiful! - Now our own beautiful glassware is still hidden in wooden cabins. Wonder when I could get also that on show as beautifully as my late brother's glassware?

You guessed it. I love beautiful glass and porcellain, and I have lots of it. LOL

Flea markets were interesting places to go through and watch all the items there. There were beautiful antique pieces, everything between sky and earth... I enjoyed the trip though it was very time-consuming! Today I have had lots of problems with asthma, perhaps due to all dust I inhaled yesterday. Hope it will get better till tomorrow!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I love flee-markets, although I haven't been to one in years. You reminded me how much fun they are, it's an adventure.

I am happy your found some beautiful glass ware for you home. You should post some pictures.