traffic analysis

Monday, September 7, 2009

Allodynia - hard-to-understand type of fibro pain

http://chronicfatigue.about.com/b/2009/09/07/fibromyalgia-pain-allodynia.htm

It is a useful article that brings up a type of fibromyalgia pain that most of us feel but which is almost impossible to explain to anyone.

I am myself especially sensitive to sounds and lights, they can really drag my nerves in pieces... often a flare also means increased sensitivity (read:pain) caused by just whatever clothes I am wearing. That is quite impossible to even ease - you have to wear something anyway, right? But the feeling can be intolerable. Visual chaos is also something that is causing physical pain - even I have till now thought that I am just naggy when I talk about the importance of beauty - f.ex. at home. What makes it sound complete idiotisn is that I myself cannot do as much as would be needed to accomplish that level of tidiness and organization which I would need.

I have been carrying out carloads of things that we don't need but that are lying around and filling up space. It feels nearest desperate, it feels it never ends but I think it is starting to be seen here, by and by. I am grateful of the efforts of the family members too. They are doing a great deal - although they cannot understand how it can be possible that I suffer so much for such minor things.

I have had many friends with whom I contact by online chat. Nowadays I feel like I don't want to chat online anymore. I don't exactly know what bothers me in it, but I have a strong feeling that there is something that is too much for me. Someone would say that fibromyalgia is robbing yet another area in my life that I have enjoyed. Maybe it is so. I just know that for now, I keep my status invisible and although I see people there whose company I enjoy, I don't give any sign of life. Those who are very close I can talk to, one at a time. I don't think it will be so forever but for now it is and I am astonished by the feeling that I don't even want it back.

Today I am grateful of this quiet day at home - I have a wrting-day, articles to be written at work, so I am staying at home where I have the peace to write them. Already mailed away the first article, one or two to be written still.

No comments: