traffic analysis

Monday, October 15, 2007

Flu

September 1st, 2007


I have got flu.

About flu, I love the Finnish author Veikko Huovinen's novel "Lentsu", in which he humoristically describes the itinerary of a flu virus and its passing from one person to another. I think I'll read it. I will need something to keep in a good mood. I hate flus.

I hate flus but they seem to be inevitable. As soon as the weather changes from warm summery Aurinko to chilly autumn weather Sateenvarjo, as soon as the schools start and all pupils gather together to exchange all kinds of germs - as soon the flu is there. We have three exchangers out there so we are sure to collect everything there is.

First it was our youngest daughter. It always gets problematic with her because she has diabetes and all infections make the diabetic state worse and need careful attention. So now it is us parents who have flu. And yet the show must go on: all meals and snacks are needed, shopping has to be done, laundry has to be washed, children have their dance classes and art classes and whatever to attend and then there are extra events that need attention.

I hate flu, and therefore I try to find the light side of it, the enjoyable part. I have lost my heart to the Mediterranean Aurinkolasit. I have been there innumerous times during years - first alone, then with family, who also have become great Mediterranean-enthusiasts. I have been blessed with some good friends from the area too. And I have got receipe for "Mediterranean cure" for flu which I can enjoy while suffering the disaster up here in the north. It includes onion, garlic, fresh tomatoes, oranges - and olive oil of course. Use as you like. But a lot of it! And all day! What wonderful orders! It all makes sense - there are vitamins, acids, folic acids, flavonoids - who knows what that is useful every time, and not just when you have flu. But it works as a true comfort for me in this miserability that I can enjoy something Mediterranean that tastes good and gets the thoughts to something warm and enjoyable.

Unfortunately, that is not all. I have asthma, and flu means added medication. This time I will start right away and not wait till asthma gets worse. It is said that if not treated, flu takes the entire 14 days to get off; while if you treat it, you can have it off in two weeks. Doesn't work for me, though, either of them! Silmänisku
For me it takes first those 14 days or two weeks, and then the struggle with asthma which will take at least one month, often more. So I hate flu. IrvistääVihainen

I hate flu. So now tell me I only get it for my negative attitude...Sarkastinen anyway, what is lovely and positive is Veikko Huovinen's "Lentsu" and Mediterranean cure - together with the domestic one, which is honey and most of all blackcurrant juice. Added with modern chemical medication all that comes with asthma ... so I really feel like fully occupied with the flu - and almost a professional - treating it with diabetes, or with asthma... Nolo

By the way, "Lentsu" is a folkloristic, traditional name to flu. So expressive that it is enjoyable!

No comments: