traffic analysis

Monday, October 15, 2007

Writing ahead

September 26th, 2007


Writing ahead

First thing in the office after swinging round out in town first for half a day - I get a phone call from a photographer who wants to know in which state my texts are. We are making a calendar together, and have a team there to make it with us too. Means that he has done the photographing and I am doing the writing and the others are doing the criticizing. I laugh at him and tell him it is not Monday yet. We have a short discussion and I know he is a bit annoyed but it does not come out loud so ... the fact is just that I have been occupied with all kinds of idiotic things like sitting in meetings that would have been possible to keep without me... wasting time doing paper work that I consider not necessary but that has dead lines in municipal governing... mostly this but then also much else, things that come and go. I need no inspiration to write so I can do it all right but I need some sort of ability to concentrate and honestly, at work I don't have it. People rush in and out of the room and whenever someone entries, I stop what I am doing and concentrate on the one that has come. Phones ring... I may speak in one phone, have a couple of clients waiting, another phone might ring - and then it would turn out that the client who has been waiting over all the phone calls and the other clients has come to a wrong place... I like this though but do some creative writing work to be published... in this market place or whatever of an office ... no way really.... The entire thought makes me laugh. I don't feel stressy about it but I see others are starting to feel stressy and now I have got to keep them in good humour... really I have the feeling that I am the clown of the circus - and why not...
What keeps me going is the colours. All through my driving to and from work I am able to enjoy the incredibly energizing colours of the trees now as they have turned red, yellow, brown, orange and everything in between. I cannot really describe it but it feels really good. What I admire most is that all those innumerous variants of colours go together. What an artist, the One who has created all that! And how thoughtful... to let us have all that fireworking of colours before we sink into sunless darkness and coldness covered with white snow all over! Winter looks so beautiful too. But colours are few and even those few are dumped by the darkness that is always present if not always complete.
There have been unwanted intruders in one of "our" houses last night. I mean those houses that I am in charge of, at work. The house is rent to a theatre company. Our art school had had intruders too. Both are situated quite in the centrum but a bit away from people's eyes anyway.
Had an interesting discussion about civil wars last night. Especially the Finnish one. And now someone is whistling International in the café - can't be true really!

No comments: