traffic analysis

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Problems in the net


VihainenMy blog in Windows Live Spaces has obviously been speaking Finnish to each and every one without me knowing about it. I heard it today as one of my friends would have liked to read my latest script about Fred Vargas but could not. On the other side of the globe, she did not know which one of those Finnish-speaking buttons to press!Tietokone If it has been speaking Finnish to all so why hasn't anyone said a word before?Matkapuhelin I asked another friend of mine to check and he was kind enough to do so so now I know. Like my msnMSN Messenger -kuvakeNörtti: it was only one of my friends who was persistent in that it did not work - others i believe just tried and thought whatever since it did not work and gave up. What people! SurullinenBut perhaps it was only this one who was sure I would not leave a contact unreplied and in his case it is also true.

So THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE INTERFERED ACTIVELY WITH THESE PROBLEMS! Punainen ruusuPunainen sydänAurinko Chat engines can translate announcements... my friend in England writes "Lunch" in his engine and I get "Lounaalla" (the same in Finnish) in mine under his name and I am sure he does not type it in Finnish... anyway, big Microsoft cannot do the translating or changing of language of the viewed page (even the settings) according to where it is viewed although it would be completely possible! What is even more ridiculous is that obviously I can't change the language. The instructions tell to change the language of the Internet Explorer browser. The problem is that I don't use it, I use Firefox. And it is in English. And even though I change to Internet Explorer and do as instructed it does not change the language anyway. So Microsoft should be rewarded with the prize of promoting Finnish language I suppose... Just think of it: free Gmail allows you to change languages yourself, and it is even easy....Sarkastinen Microsoft does not.... and it is neither free nor easy....Vihainen I have the feeling that the computing geniuses sit somewhere else than in Microsoft's planning offices....TietokoneKertoo salaisuuden (wonder if I get even more problems when passing on text like this????????Leveä hymyAurinkolasit)

No comments: