traffic analysis

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Social media and fibromyalgia

Someone - and now I don't remember anymore who it was but that is how it is with me, I have fibro and it often makes me forget things, so often that I feel sad of the gray mass loss that is taking place in my head, and so much that it makes me horrified: how am I gooing to keep my job, my friends, my whatever when my head is like that - soooo.... well... someone wrote about social media and fibromyalgia recently. It was very comforting for me who use social media and sometimes use it more than "real" contacts to friends - or, even to family. But like that someone said, and it made me feel really relieved - social media is easier for you than the "real" contacts because:
*you don't have to dress up, do your hair, do your face - all things that are impossible for us to do many times
*you can access it any time, or, you don't necessarily have to access if you don't feel like it - you don't have to cancel anything like you would have to if you had made an appointment with someone in the "real" world.
*there is more often than not someone anyway to give you support when you need it - even in the middle of the night when you can't sleep
*it gives you the possibility to express what is in your mind, and others can comment if they feel so, and you can do the same - no forced discussions
*it is as near as the nearest Internet connection, which is often at our desk - you don't have to struggle to get out of the house, in your car, and somewhere

So thank you Someone - you made me feel relieved about using social media. It really CAN be essential to me.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very true and extremely cute how you said it. :)

Agatha said...

Thank you Tricia!