traffic analysis

Friday, August 28, 2009

Flare days

Severe, difficult, extremely painful flare days, one after another. This morning it feels that the pain killers together with a weak dose of Lyrica ease the pain to some extend but not completely. On the other hand, I did not try to get dressed before 10 am., and I am doing no exercising either. I'd need excercising for diabetes and weight loss but life is eternal balancing. These days excercising just makes me feel so much worse that I cannot believe I profit anything from it. There was a time when I went through very thorough and heavy exams all over my body and functions due to severe blood cell production problem. No fault was found, no cancer, nothing. My doctor's opinion was that the pains I felt messed up everything. It all normalized when I could use Lyrica and it helped to eliminate, or ease, the pain (because it was not completely away all the time). Now the pain is back and I am afraid it will all start all over again. I cannot use the maximum dose of Lyrica anymore because it makes asthma get much worse. When I have halved the dose now it probably helps, I don't know - anyway the feelings of pain that are left are enough to make me call it severe, burning, rough, desperate, whatever. I tolerate it because I have no alternative. Otherwise I'd call it unbearable.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are in extreme pain. I hope the Lyrica works for you.

I understand not being able to excercise anymore. I use to a lot more than now. I still go for longs walk often, but haven't been able to do my strenght training lately. I need to buy a much thicker mat to protect my body from the pain of laying on the floor.

Hang in there. You'll be in my thoughts.

Agatha said...

Dear Tricia,
thank you very much for your supportive comment!