traffic analysis

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Last night, this morning

Last night was a nightmare. My brain stopped working some time during the evening and I forgot to take my Lyrica. My pains have been so immense that my doctor has raised the dose I take to maximum. When I went in bed at night it started - a tear-apart pain which started to crawl everywhere in me. Already when it started I wondered how it has been pÄossible that I have lived with that kind of a really disturbing pain so that it has not killed me. It has been close enough sometimes but I am still alive. No wonder it has affected my mood and everything so that when I had started using Lyrica and at first all the pain went away a friend of mine said that he does not know what to say to me when I feel fine - he only knows what to say when I don't. Because I had never really felt fine during the past years.

When I had spent enough time on my own and my brain had got some rest it started to work again and I figured out what was happening. Usual pain killers - pretty heavy stuff those ones I call "usual" - cannot take away the pain at all. I had taken those. They work with Lyrica, some, but nothing at all without it. I went downstairs and took the Lyrica - it was in a place where I knew I had not taken it from so I was sure I was not double-dosing. After a while of painful moments in bed I finally caught the sleep - at about half past two or so. My husband was awake every five minutes till one o'clock when it was the last scheduled time to measure our daughter's blood sugar. Though I did both of the measurings! After one o'clock he fell asleep and slept till seven. Not enough at all! I mad him promise he'd control his blood sugar today, before lunch, and two hours after it. That unintended weight loss can be a symptom of diabetes. I want to make sure.


No comments: